Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Silence of Knitting


The other day I was sitting on my couch working on a dog sweater for my friend. She just got a little Yorkie Terrier and asked me to make a sweater for the little guy. I purchase some beautiful cream colored worsted Elite wool to go with his black and caramel fur.
I was sitting in my living room with no music playing in the middle of the afternoon just enjoying the day. I started to notice the silence around me and became aware of how I was in a beautiful knitting trance all by myself. No one around, the sun shining in my apartment and the wonderful sound of my needles and yarn making it's way stitch by stitch around my hands.
All of sudden I became the observer in this moment, watching myself knit, enjoying completely every movement I was making. I was so happy...such a simple pleasure...if only to remember those moments.

No comments: