Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Lara's Scarf


Yesterday I finished a scarf that I knit for my friend Lara. It was a simple cable on the side with a few ribs next door kind of scarf. I used a leftover skien of Lambs Pride worsted wool in a moss green color. It's a lovely scarf. It's thin and not to long. It will go nicely with my friends hair color, which is brownish red and the thinness of the scarf will be perfect for Lara because she's small and petite. I hope she likes it. I haven't given it to her yet but am excited to see her face when I give it to her. I told her that I was making it for her but never said when I would finish it.

That's one of the fun parts of knitting for a friend. If you told them that you were making something for them but they don't know when they are getting it, somewhere along the line they forget that you are making something for them...then...when you tell them that their gift is ready, they are so excited to receive it!

I called my friend Lara and told her that I finished her scarf. She can't wait to wear it. I can't wait to see her try it on. That's why I knit.

1 comment:

About Laurie Ann said...

I love my scarf! Thank you, Laurie Ann! I love you!