Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My Shawl

It's hard to keep up with this writing thing. I have no problem keeping up with my knitting. It will definitely be hard to keep writing. I think I like the knitting better. I've been doing alot of knitting since I last wrote.
I'm still working on my lovely spring water color shawl. It's going to be fabulous. I wasn't quite sure that I was going to actually make it. I must have started the darn thing at least a dozen times. I didn't like the way it was coming out and I couldn't figure out the chart that indicated the leaf pattern in the shawl. Knit, rip, knit, rip, knit rip...
I've been knitting forever and I'm still a miff at the way they write patterns. They just assume you know all sorts of things that aren't written in the directions. It usually takes me a time or two to figure out what I'm doing but eventually I get it. I'm a bit stubborn and I know I'll love knitting the shawl... so I never give up. I bought the yarn and I don't want it to go to waste or sit in my knitting bag too long.
Now that I've figured out the directions and the pattern it's quite easy and I'm very excited to see it finished...that's why I knit.

No comments: